The best Genshin Impact Venti buildLearn how to put together the best possible Venti build
Want to learn how to create the best Venti build in Genshin Impact? Anemo Bow user Venti is the vessel of Barbatos, the Anemo Archon. The wine-loving, lyre-toting bard always has a song up his sleeve and is especially carefree for someone with powers as strong as his. You’ll want to build Venti as a sub-DPS, meaning you’ll be using his Anemo powers more than his normal attacks.
This guide will show you how to create the best Venti build in Genshin Impact. Below we'll cover everything you need to know about Venti, including wishing, weapons, artifacts, ascension materials, talents, abilities, and constellations.
Best Genshin Impact Venti build for sub-DPS
Best weapon: Skyward Harp or Elegy For The End
Alternatives: The Stringless or Windblume Ode
If you’re lucky enough to have 5-star weapons on hand, Venti’s great with the Skyward Harp, which increases CRIT DMG, and Elegy For The End, which increases Elemental Mastery. However, Venti can be built just as well with The Stringless, a great 4-star option that will also buff Venti’s Elemental Mastery.
Windblume Ode, Venti’s signature weapon, isn’t a bad choice either (and it’ll look great with his character design), but be wary: its ascension materials could only be obtained during the Invitation of Windblume event.
Best artifacts: Viridescent Venerer
- 2 pieces: Anemo DMG +15%
- 4 pieces: Increases spread DMG +60%. Depending on the Element, reduces the Resistance of enemies hit by Swirl by 40%. Effects last 10 seconds.
Alternative: Noblesse Oblige
Since Venti’s strongest when he’s using his Anemo abilities, you’ll want to hook him up with the Viridescent Venerer set, which provides a massive Anemo DMG boost. If you’re planning on mainly relying on Venti’s Burst, the Noblesse Oblige set can be great as well.
When selecting stats and substats, aim for Energy Recharge, Elemental Mastery, Anemo DMG Bonus, and CRIT Rate/DMG, with a distribution something like this:
- Circlet of Logos: CRITs
- Sands of Eon: Elemental Mastery or ATK
- Goblet of Eonothem: Anemo DMG Bonus
- Substats: Elemental Recharge, Elemental Mastery, and CRITs
Talent priority: Wind's Grand Ode (Elemental Burst)
Secondary: Skyward Sonnet (Elemental Skill)
Venti’s normal attack tends to be weak, so you’ll want to build him as a sub-DPS and prioritize his Anemo abilities, meaning his Elemental Skill and Elemental Burst.
Here are all of Venti’s talents:
- Divine Marksmanship (Normal Attack):
- Normal attack - Perform up to 6 consecutive shots with a bow.
- Charged attack - Perform a more precise Aimed Shot with increased DMG. While aiming, favorable winds will accumulate on the arrowhead. A fully charged wind arrow will deal Anemo DMG.
- Plunging attack - Fires off a shower of arrows in mid-air before falling and striking the ground, dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- Skyward Sonnet (Elemental Skill): "O wind upon which all hymns and songs fly, bear these earth-walkers up into the sky!" Press to summon a Wind Domain at the opponent's location, dealing AoE Anemo DMG and launching opponents into the air. Hold to summon an even larger Wind Domain with Venti as the epicenter, dealing AoE Anemo DMG and launching affected opponents into the air. After unleashing the Hold version of this ability, Venti rides the wind into the air. Opponents hit by Skyward Sonnet will fall to the ground slowly.
- Wind’s Grand Ode (Elemental Burst): Fires off an arrow made of countless coalesced winds, creating a huge Stormeye that sucks in objects and opponents and deals continuous Anemo DMG. Elemental Absorption: If the Stormeye comes into contact with Hydro/Pyro/Cryo/Electro elements, it will deal additional elemental DMG of that type. Elemental Absorption may only occur once per use.
- Embrace of Winds (1st Ascension Passive): Holding Skyward Sonnet creates an upcurrent that lasts for 20s.
- Stormeye (4th Ascension Passive): Regenerates 15 Energy for Venti after the effects of Wind's Grand Ode end. If an Elemental Absorption occurred, this also restores 15 Energy to all characters of that corresponding element.
- Windrider (Utility Passive): Decreases gliding Stamina consumption for your own party members by 20%. Not stackable with Passive Talents that provide the exact same effects.
- DPS: Yanfei
- DPS: Rosaria
- Sub-DPS: Venti
- Healer/Support: Barbara
5-star alternative: Diluc or Ganyu replacing Yanfei or Rosaria as DPS
As an Anemo character, Venti is ideally positioned to play sub-DPS to a Cryo/Pyro/Electro/Hydro DPS. I'd recommend using your best Pyro or Cryo 5-star DPS candidate for this party, like for instance Diluc or Ganyu. However, if you're short on 5-star characters, a 4-star equivalent like Yanfei or Rosaria will work. The main thing is to have a character capable of dealing good base damage, and whose element with react with Venti's to trigger Swirl. Ideally, include both a Pyro and a Cryo character in this party for maximum offensive capabilities, but feel free to mix up the DPS/sub-DPS roles depending on exactly which characters you have access to.
Barbara will play a dual role in this team, both making the most of her capabilities as a healer, and using her Hydro powers to throw into the Swirl. Her Hydro can also trigger particularly powerful enemy debuffs in combination with the DPS's Pyro and/or Cryo element(s).
How to level up Venti in Genshin Impact
To fully ascend Venti, you’ll need:
|1||1 Vayuda Turquoise Sliver, 3 Cecilias, 3 Slime Condensates, and 20,000 Mora|
|2||3 Vayuda Turquoise Fragments, 2 Hurricane Seeds, 10 Cecilias, 15 Slime Condensates, and 40,000 Mora|
|3||6 Vayuda Turquoise Fragments, 4 Hurricane Seeds, 20 Cecilias, 12 Slime Secretions, and 60,000 Mora|
|4||3 Vayuda Turquoise Chunks, 8 Hurricane Seeds, 30 Cecilias, 18 Slime Secretions, and 80,000 Mora|
|5||6 Vayuda Turquoise Chunks, 12 Hurricane Seeds, 45 Cecilias, 12 Slime Concentrates, and 100,000 Mora|
|6||6 Vayuda Turquoise Gemstones, 20 Hurricane Seeds, 60 Cecilias, 24 Slime Concentrates, and 120,000 Mora|
|Total||1 Vayuda Turquoise Sliver, 9 Vayuda Turquoise Fragments, 9 Vayuda Turquoise Chunks, 6 Vayuda Turquoise Gemstones, 46 Hurricane Seeds, 168 Cecilias, 18 Slime Condensates, 30 Slime Secretions, 36 Slime Concentrates, and 420,000 Mora|
Farming for Venti will include plenty of trips to the Anemo Hypostasis (where variations of Vayuda Turquoise and Hurricane Seeds are found) as well as to Starsnatch Cliff (where Cecilias are found).
To fully level up all three of Venti’s talents, you’ll need 9 Teachings of Ballad, 9 Guides to Ballad, 114 Philosophies of Ballad, 18 Slime Condensate, 66 Slime Secretions, 93 Slime Concentrate, 18 Tails of Boreas, and 3 Crowns of Insight. Per each single talent, that equates to:
|Talent Level (+ required Ascension Level)||Materials|
|2 (2)||6 Slime Condensates, 3 Teachings of Ballad, and 12,500 Mora|
|3 (3)||3 Slime Secretions, 2 Guides to Ballad, and 17,500 Mora|
|4 (3)||4 Slime Secretions, 4 Guides to Ballad, and 25,000 Mora|
|5 (4)||6 Slime Secretions, 6 Guides to Ballad, and 30,000 Mora|
|6 (4)||9 Slime Secretions, 9 Guides to Ballad, and 37,500 Mora|
|7 (5)||4 Slime Concentrates, 4 Philosophies of Ballad, 1 Tail of Boreas, and 120,000 Mora|
|8 (5)||6 Slime Concentrates, 6 Philosophies of Ballad, 1 Tail of Boreas, and 260,000 Mora|
|9 (6)||9 Slime Concentrates, 12 Philosophies of Ballad, 2 Tails of Boreas, and 450,000 Mora|
|10 (6)||12 Slime Concentrates, 16 Philosophies of Ballad, 2 Tails of Boreas, 1 Crown of Insight, and 700,000 Mora|
|Total||6 Slime Condensates, 22 Slime Secretions, 31 Slime Concentrates, 3 Teachings of Ballad, 21 Guides to Ballad, 38 Philosophies of Ballad, 6 Tails of Boreas, 1 Crown of Insight, and 1,652,500 Mora|
Aside from the easily-obtainable Slime materials (which can be gained from fighting Slime enemies ubiquitous throughout Teyvat), you'll need to hit up the Forsaken Rift domain (Wednesday/Saturday/Sunday only) for Venti's books, and the Wolf of the North boss challenge for the Tails of Boreas. Crowns of Insight can be obtained through limited-time events or by making offerings to the Frostbearing Tree and the Sacred Sakura.
Venti’s Anemo abilities already mean he’s an excellent character, but if you want to go above and beyond with your Venti build, unlocking his Constellations is the way to go. Constellation 2 Venti is extra strong thanks to the added buffs that come with his Elemental Skill. And although it’ll likely cost you a lot of money, Constellation 6 Venti’s Elemental Burst has stellar buffs as well. Here’s what all of Venti’s Constellations have to offer:
- Splitting Gales: Constellation Lv. 1 - Fires 2 additional arrows per Aimed Shot, each dealing 33% of the original arrow's DMG.
- Breeze of Reminiscence: Constellation Lv. 2 - Skyward Sonnet decreases opponents' Anemo RES and Physical RES by 12% for 10s. Opponents launched by Skyward Sonnet suffer an additional 12% Anemo RES and Physical RES decrease while airborne.
- Ode to Thousand Winds: Constellation Lv. 3 - Increases the Level of Wind's Grand Ode by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Hurricane of Freedom: Constellation Lv. 4 - When Venti picks up an Elemental Orb or Particle, he receives a 25% Anemo DMG Bonus for 10s.
- Concerto dal Cielo: Constellation Lv. 5 - Increases the Level of Skyward Sonnet by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Storm of Defiance: Constellation Lv. 6 - Targets who take DMG from Wind's Grand Ode have their Anemo RES decreased by 20%. If an Elemental Absorption occurred, then their RES towards the corresponding Element is also decreased by 20%.
How to get Venti in Genshin Impact
Venti is a limited character, so he’s only available at certain times. Venti made his debut in September 2020 as the game's very first Character Event Wish exclusive unit, and saw reruns in March 2021 and April 2022. That was an unusually long wait, and happily his fourth appearance didn't take nearly so long: you can wish for him once again between September 27th, 2022 and a TBC date in mid-October!
If you’re looking to make absolutely sure you get Venti this time around, check out our guide on getting characters to learn the best ways to increase your odds, or our Genshin Impact codes list to get some free Primogems!
That’s all the info we’ve got on Venti! Why not check out our Genshin Impact best characters tier list to see which other characters are good to wish for?