The best Genshin Impact Kamisato Ayaka buildEverything you need to know to make the best Ayaka build
Want to learn how to create the best Ayaka build in Genshin Impact? Cryo Sword user Kamisato Ayaka is poised and perfect, and she’ll make a great addition to your team. Released alongside Inazuma in Genshin Impact’s 2.0 update, Ayaka is a kind-hearted member of the Kamisato Clan and holds a high status in Inazuma.
This guide will show you how to create the best Ayaka build in Genshin Impact. Below we'll cover everything you need to know about Ayaka, including wishing, weapons, artifacts, ascension materials, talents, abilities, and constellations.
Best Genshin Impact Kamisato Ayaka build for DPS
Best weapon: Mistsplitter Reforged
Alternatives: Primordial Jade Cutter (5-star), Blackcliff Longsword or The Black Sword (4-stars)
Ayaka’s damage is at its best with the Mistsplitter Reforged, a new 5-star weapon released alongside Inazuma that grants hefty elemental DMG bonuses. The Primordial Jade Cutter is also a great 5-star option that will buff Ayaka’s HP and scale an ATK bonus off of her raised HP. If you don’t have access to 5-stars, try the 4-star Blackcliff Longsword or The Black Sword, which offer different buffs to Ayaka’s CRIT stats.
Best artifacts: Blizzard Strayer
Alternative: Gladiator's Finale
As Ayaka is a Cryo DPS, you’ll want to aim for the Blizzard Strayer set as it grants hefty Cryo DMG bonuses. If you have a Hydro character on your team to help apply the Frozen status to enemies, a 4 piece Blizzard Strayer set will be your best friend. Gladiator’s Finale is also a more accessible option that is strong at the 4-star level.
When choosing which substats to prioritize, focus on CRIT Rate and CRIT DMG. ATK% and Elemental Mastery can also go a long way. Aim for an artifact stat set-up that looks something like this:
- Circlet of Logos: CRITs
- Sands of Eon: ATK
- Goblet of Eonothem: Elemental Mastery or Cryo DMG
- Substats: CRITs
Talent Priority: Kamisato Art - Kabuki (Normal Attack)
Secondary: Kamisato Art: Soumetsu (Elemental Burst)
If you’re planning on using Ayaka as your main DPS, prioritize her Normal Attack first. If you’re just going to use Ayaka for her Burst, though, focus on leveling that up instead. For a balanced character, level up both her Normal Attack and Elemental Burst together.
Here are all of Ayaka’s talents:
- Kamisato Art: Kabuki (Normal Attack)
- Normal attack - Perform up to 5 rapid strikes.
- Charged attack - Consumes a certain amount of Stamina to unleash a continuous stream of sword ki.
- Plunging attack - Plunges from mid-air to strike the ground below, damaging enemies along the path and dealing AoE DMG upon impact.
- Kamisato Art: Hyouka (Elemental Skill) - Summons blooming ice to launch nearby opponents, dealing AoE Cryo DMG.
- Kamisato Art: Soumetsu (Elemental Burst) - Summons forth a snowstorm with flawless poise, unleashing a Frostflake Seki no To that moves forward continuously. Frostflake Seki no To is a storm of whirling icy winds that slashes repeatedly at every enemy it touches, dealing Cryo DMG. The snowstorm explodes after its duration ends, dealing AoE Cryo DMG.
- Alternate Sprint: Kamisato Art: Senho - Ayaka consumes Stamina and cloaks herself in a frozen fog that moves with her. In Senho form, she moves swiftly upon water. When she reappears, the following effects occur: Ayaka unleashes frigid energy to apply Cryo on nearby opponents. Coldness condenses around Ayaka's blade, infusing her attacks with Cryo for a brief period.
- Amatsumi Kunitsumi Sanctification (1st Ascension Passive) - After using Kamisato Art: Hyouka, Kamisato Ayaka's Normal and Charged attacks deal 30% increased DMG for 6s.
- Kanten Senmyou Blessing (4th Ascension Passive) - When the Cryo application at the end of Kamisato Art: Senho hits an opponent, Kamisato Ayaka gains the following effects: Restores 10 Stamina, gains 18% Cryo DMG Bonus for 10s.
- Fruits of Shinsa (Utility Passive) - When Ayaka crafts Weapon Ascension Materials, she has a 10% chance to receive double the product.
- DPS: Kamisato Ayaka
- Sub-DPS/Hydro support: Xingqiu
- Sub-DPS/Pyro support: Thoma
- Healer: Diona
5-star alternative: Kamisato Ayato replacing Xingqiu on sub-DPS/Hydro support
This party composition focuses on making the most of Ayaka's Cryo DPS attacks with elemental reactions, weakening enemies to make them more vulnerable to follow-up normal attacks with her sword. The Kamisato Clan has been designed pretty well to fight together, so pairing up Ayaka with her loyal servant Thoma and beloved brother Ayato gives her access to the Freeze and Melt reactions, which are some of the most powerful elemental offenses in the game. However, if you can't get hold of these two (Ayato in particular can be tricky given his 5-star status), basically any Hydro and Pyro character who's decent on DPS or sub-DPS will do the job nicely. I draw particular attention to Xingqiu, who's basically Ayato's 4-star equivalent, and one of the best 4-star characters in the game overall.
Any of Genshin's three main 4-star healers (Barbara, Bennett, or Diona) round out this team quite nicely thanks to their elements reacting powerfully with Cryo. But I recommend Diona for this party (despite her being the weakest of the three overall), simply because her Cryo element combines with Ayaka's for the Shattering Ice resonance, which passively increases the party's crit rate by 15% against Frozen or Cryo-affected enemies, which ideally your enemies will be much of the time when playing with this composition. As a nice bonus, it reduces the time the party spends vulnerable to Electro reactions by 40%.
How to level up Ayaka in Genshin Impact
Fully ascending Ayaka will require:
|1||1 Shivada Jade Sliver, 3 Sakura Blooms, 3 Old Handguards, and 20,000 Mora|
|2||3 Shivada Jade Fragments, 2 Perpetual Hearts, 10 Sakura Blooms, 15 Old Handguards, and 40,000 Mora|
|3||6 Shivada Jade Fragments, 4 Perpetual Hearts, 20 Sakura Blooms, 12 Kageuchi Handguards, and 60,000 Mora|
|4||3 Shivada Jade Chunks, 8 Perpetual Hearts, 30 Sakura Blooms, 18 Kageuchi Handguards, and 80,000 Mora|
|5||6 Shivada Jade Chunks, 12 Perpetual Hearts, 45 Sakura Blooms, 12 Famed Handguards, and 100,000 Mora|
|6||6 Shivada Jade Gemstones, 20 Perpetual Hearts, 60 Sakura Blooms, 24 Famed Handguards, and 120,000 Mora|
|Total||1 Shivada Jade Sliver, 9 Shivada Jade Fragments, 9 Shivada Jade Chunks, 6 Shivada Jade Gemstones, 18 Old Handguards, 30 Kageuchi Handguards, 36 Famed Handguards, 46 Perpetual Hearts, 168 Sakura Blooms, and 420,000 Mora|
You’ll need to farm the Perpetual Mechanical Array as well as Nobushi and plenty of materials around Inazuma. If you haven’t made it to Inazuma yet, though, you’ll be stuck without some of her materials until you get there.
To fully level up all three of Ayaka’s talents, you’ll need 9 Teachings of Elegance, 63 Guides to Elegance, 114 Philosophies of Elegance, 18 Old Handguards, 66 Kageuchi Handguards, 93 Famed Handguards, 18 Bloodjade Branches, and 3 Crowns of Insight. Per every one talent, that comes out to:
|Talent Level (+ required Ascension Level)||Materials|
|2 (2)||6 Old Handguards, 3 Teachings of Elegance, and 12,500 Mora|
|3 (3)||3 Kageuchi Handguards, 2 Guides to Elegance, and 17,500 Mora|
|4 (3)||4 Kageuchi Handguards, 4 Guides to Elegance, and 25,000 Mora|
|5 (4)||6 Kageuchi Handguards, 6 Guides to Elegance, and 30,000 Mora|
|6 (4)||9 Kageuchi Handguards, 9 Guides to Elegance, and 37,500 Mora|
|7 (5)||4 Famed Handguards, 4 Philosophies of Elegance, 1 Bloodjade Branch, and 120,000 Mora|
|8 (5)||6 Famed Handguards, 6 Philosophies of Elegance, 1 Bloodjade Branch, and 260,000 Mora|
|9 (6)||9 Famed Handguards, 12 Philosophies of Elegance, 2 Bloodjade Branches, and 450,000 Mora|
|10 (6)||12 Famed Handguards, 16 Philosophies of Elegance, 2 Bloodjade Branches, 1 Crown of Insight, and 120,000 Mora|
|Total||6 Old Handguards, 22 Kageuchi Handguards, 31 Famed Handguards, 3 Teachings of Elegance, 21 Guides to Elegance, 38 Philosophies of Elegance, 6 Bloodjade Branches, 1 Crown of Insight, and 1,652,500 Mora|
Handguards can be farmed from Inazuma's Nobushi enemies, just like for Ayaka's ascensions. Ayaka's Elegance books are obtainable from Inazuma's Violet Court domain, where they drop on Tuesdays/Fridays/Sundays. Bloodjade Branches come from reliving the Azhdaha boss fight in the "Beneath the Dragon-Queller" trounce domain at Lvl 70+. Finally, Crowns of Insight can be obtained through limited-time events or by making offerings to the Frostbearing Tree and the Sacred Sakura.
Ayaka’s Constellations aren’t the strongest, which means her full potential can be unlocked without forking over money to wish on her banner. If you’re planning on wishing for her Constellations anyway, though, her 4th Constellation is the best, as it drastically decreases opponents’ DEF and opens up a window for your teammates to do great damage. Here’s what all of Ayaka’s Constellations will get you:
- Snowswept Sakura (Lv. 1) - When Kamisato Ayaka's Normal or Charged Attacks deal Cryo DMG to opponents, it has a 50% chance of decreasing the CD of Kamisato Art: Hyouka by 0.3s. This effect can occur once every 0.1s.
- Blizzard Blade Seki no To (Lv. 2) - When casting Kamisato Art: Soumetsu, unleashes 2 smaller additional Frostflake Seki no To, each dealing 20% of the original storm's DMG.
- Frostbloom Kamifubuki (Lv. 3) - Increases the Level of Kamisato Art: Soumetsu by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Ebb and Flow (Lv. 4) - Opponents damaged by Kamisato Art: Soumetsu's Frostflake Seki no To will have their DEF decreased by 30% for 6s.
- Blossom Cloud Irutsuki (Lv. 5) - Increases the Level of Kamisato Art: Hyouka by 3. Maximum upgrade level is 15.
- Dance of Suigetsu (Lv. 6) - Kamisato Ayaka gains Usurahi Butou every 10s, increasing her Charged Attack DMG by 298%. This buff will be cleared 0.5s after Ayaka's Charged ATK hits an opponent, after which the timer for this ability will restart.
How to get Ayaka in Genshin Impact
Released alongside Genshin Impact’s 2.0 update, Ayaka is a limited character only available on the Character Event Banner at certain times. Her debut ran from July 21 - August 10, 2021, and she unexpectedly enjoyed an extended first rerun from April 19 - May 30, 2022 when Version 2.7 was delayed by three weeks. She's now once again unavailable, but MiHoYo have been pretty clear that the six-week banner shouldn't impact on her future reruns going forward, so don't stress if you didn't manage to wish for her successfully; she'll likely be back in rotation within the year.
If you’re looking to save up for Ayaka's next rerun, check out our guide on getting characters to learn the best ways to prep, or our codes list to get some free Primogems!
That’s all the info we’ve got on Ayaka! Why not check out our character tier list to see which other characters are good to wish for?